UN Human Rights Council – 41st Session
Geneva, 26 June 2019
This Panel will review the content and vital importance of the Human Right to Peace, in accordance with the draft declaration proposed by 693 worldwide Civil Society Organizations (CSO), in preparation of the UN General Assembly 2020.
- Ambassador Anwarul K. Chowdhury, Former Under-Secretary-General and High Representative of the UN: “Integral Link between the Human Right to Peace and the Culture of Peace”.
- Prof Carlos Villán Durán, President of the SSIHRL (Spanish Society for International Human Rights Law): “CSO Declaration on The Human Right to Peace and its impact on the General Assembly”.
- Ms Lois A. Herman, Managing Director WUNRN (Women’s UN Report Network): “Women and The Human Right to Peace”.
- Ms Elly Pradervand, Founder & President Women’s World Summit Foundation – Rural Woman-Peace & Development.
- Ms Lois A. Herman, Managing Director WUNRN (Women’s UN Report Network): “Women of South & North Korea March Across the DMZ Demilitarized Zone”.
- Mr Miguel de la Lama, Former Secretary of the HR Council’s Working Groups on Arbitrary Detention and Enforced or Involuntary Disappearances: “The Material Contents of the Human Right to Peace”.
Moderator: Ms Lois A. Herman, Managing Director WUNRN (Women’s UN Report Network).
Reports on the expert meeting in English, Spanish and French are available below:
- Report on the expert meeting on human right to peace, Geneva 26.6.19
- Informe sobre la reunión de expertos sobre el derecho humano a la paz, Ginebra, 26.6.19
- Rapport sur la réunion d’experts sur le droit humain à la paix, Genève 26.6.19