Geneva, 22 June 2018
This Panel will review the content and vital importance of the Human Right to Peace, in accordance with the draft declaration proposed by 692 worldwide CSO, in preparation for the UN General Assembly 2018
Distinguished Speakers :
- Ambassador Anwarul K. Chowdhury, Former President of the UN Security Council, Former Ambassador of Bangladesh to the United Nations in New York: “The Human Right to Peace and The Culture of Peace”. Statement.
- Mr. Miguel de la Lama, Former Secretary of the HR Council’s Working Group on Arbitrary Detention: “Legal Foundations of the Human Right to Peace”.
- Mr. Alfred de Zayas, Former United Nations Independent Expert on the Promotion of a Democratic & Equitable International Order: “The Human Right to Peace, an Essential Component of the Democractic and Equitable International Order”.
- Mr. Carlos Villán Durán, President, The Spanish Society for International Human Rights Law: “CSO Draft Declaration on The Human Right to Peace– Overview of History“. Statement.
- Ms. Lois A. Herman, Coordinator WUNRN-Women’s UN Report Network – Power Point: “Women and The Human Right to Peace”.
- Ms. Mavic Cabrera Balleza, Chief Executive Officer. Global Network of Women Peacebuilders (GNWP) – Video.
Moderator: Ms. Lois A. Herman – Coordinator WUNRN, Women’s UN Report Network